A Consolidated View On Electrical Safety In Our Daily Life
Safety considerations are often relegated to the background, as more and more advanced domestic electronic gadgets come into our lives. In the current discourse, readers will be familiarized with a few easy ways to make their electrical safety strategies and tips more effective.
Thanks to the advanced gadgets and appliances, performing a wide range of daily tasks – right from cooking to keeping track of global information- has become a whole lot simpler. However, the heavy reliance on domestic electronic goods has had at least one major flipside – often, we do not bother to be careful enough while handling these gadgets. Over here, we will be focusing on some electrical safety tips, which should always be kept under consideration:
- Test the electrical circuits properly – Before you connect your valuable heavy electrical appliances to the electric circuits at your home, make sure that the latter have been tested. A fire can break out, if the circuits used are of inferior quality.
- Prevent the wires and cables from getting disorganized – Maintenance of electrical wires and cables is extremely important for ensuring their longevity. How can you take care of the wires? Simple! Buy a few cable ties, and organize the electrical cords at your home with them. Cable ties are available in a wide range of colors, making cable-identification an easy task.
- Remove signs of dampness near electrical areas – If the area near an electrical plug point has become damp over time, power down the concerned circuit, and remove the excess moisture. Water and electricity are two things that never go together.
- Do not keep electrical wires lying about – This is not entirely about avoiding electrical shocks. Your family members can accidentally trip and fall, if stray electrical wires are kept lying about in the living room, or the garden area. Make sure that all the cords are arranged with cable ties, and are neatly placed near the gadgets with which they are connected.
- Check whether the circuit breakers are working fine – In case there is a sudden surge in electronic voltage, the circuit breakers keep the electrical setup safe at your home. You can very well imagine what might happen, if the circuit breakers themselves become, in any way, damaged. Use tapes to add an extra degree of protection to the circuit breakers.
- Do not put extra pressure on power sockets – Every electric circuit comes with a specific load capacity, and you can ignore them only at your own peril. Do not try to stretch the operability of any circuit, beyond its prescribed capacity. The results can be disastrous!
- Use multi-plugs – Multi-plugs (also known as three-pin plugs) should always be used, if more than one electrical gadget is being powered from a single outlet. That, however, does not mean you can operate too many heavy electrical appliances from the same point.
- Never use metal ladders – You are probably aware that ladders are used by most electricians, to perform electrical tasks. As such, it would be handy if you had a ladder at your home. Always go for wooden ladders.
Never try to handle any large-scale electrical repair job on your own. You will probably make mistakes, with far-reaching, adverse consequences. Right from choosing the best cable ties, to taking care of the wires in the fuse boxes – take the advice of expert, efficient electricians at each point. Apprehensions regarding electrical safety should be the farthest from your mind, right?You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like us on Facebook or Subscribe to our RSS Feed to keep yourself update. Also you can see our partenaire Meteo Algerie and Jeux (ttt4 and g9g)....